Saturday, November 19, 2011

Welcome to the outside World (",)



Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility ~ Kate Douglas Wiggin



My life changed big time on November 26, 2009 when my little bundle of joy was born.... <3

After thirteen and a half hours in the labor room, my OB had to open me up because Gabriel's heart rate was fluctuating and he already pooped inside my tummy. Gabriel Johan was officially out via CS at 4:30 PM Manila time in Chonghua Hospital here in Cebu City. 

Photo Collage


Fun facts about baby Gabriel:

I feel proud when someone comments that his name is nice...well, you see I'd like to take credit on the name of my baby..well, Honey helped but I was the one who found his names online, although I still asked for his approval. Haha! *just gloating* =p
  • Name - I've always wanted the name Gabriel for my "future child" because of Archangel Gabriel. But only before Gabriel was born when I learned what I means. And then we also had to find a second name for him and after much thought and research, we came up with Johan which also has a nice meaning.
    • from Babycenter.com:
      • Gabriel
        • Gender: Boy
        • Origin: Hebrew 
        • Meaning: God is my Strength 
      • Johan
        • Gender: Boy
        • Origin: Hebrew
        • Meaning: God is gracious
  • weight at birth - 7.5 lbs or 3400 grams
  • Length - 51 cm
  • head circumference - 36 cm
  • chest circumference - 35 cm
  • Gabriel was born on a Thursday. He was due November 27 but he came out a little earlier. :)


Uhmm..I guess I ate too much when I was pregnant. hehe! =p That's also probably one of the reasons I had a CS, the other reason being was that I was very lazy to walk. *blush* But if you saw Gabriel's video here (hungry right after going out), you'll know that he's also matakaw, so I guess that's probably why I was always hungry. ;) Anyhow, for you soon-to-be-mommies out there, don't eat to much sweets and follow your OB's advice to walk a lot especially during your last trimester *just a friendly advice*. :)


I was super duper ugly when I was pregnant especially when I gave birth...ewwww! hahaha! (I would say I look a little better now..hehe!) This is the first online release of my ugly pics. =p But I have to include these pics to complete my "scrapbook" for Gabriel...Nanay requested to fly to Cebu the day when I gave birth. This was when the 3 bruha belays met dodong Gabriel Johan. LOL!

Photo Collage

He was only allowed to room-in after 24 hours since I was C-sectioned and he's under observation due to fetal distress and cord coil. So before that *24-hr window* I had to visit him in the nursery room...Btw, it is important to move as soon as possible..even if it's just moving sideways after a few hours of giving birth (when you're already in your room). I was told I'm supposed to try walking after 24hrs and it was very painful!!!! But you really have to, to avoid blod clot especially in the lower leg or thigh (deep vein thrombosis).


Photo Collage


Gabriel's first footprints ^_^


If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand. ~ Unknown



***

1 comment:

Chyrel Gomez said...

Joey, your kids should READ this entry. You're one proud mama! <3

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)