Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oh no! Stretch Marks!!!


(image from pregnancy.baby-gaga.com)
Soooo TRUE!!! lol!


Earlier when I was examining my preggo tummy while taking a bath, I noticed a few signs of stretch marks near my belly button area. My first thought was, "Oh NOOOO!!!". 

I admit that I am vain to some degree. Even though at my age, I still don't know how to put on make up, I still want to look good the natural way. I was planning to get a facial as soon as I can after I give birth to get rid of the pimple marks I got during pregnancy. And now, this! Waaaaah! :-( I didn't have this concern with Gabriel so I thought I still won't have it the 2nd time. But I guess, I'm wrong. Again. I've just realized that it's not the same with every child whether they're still inside you, or when they're already out.

Well, I'm trying not to panic but as soon as I finished bathing, I put on layers of body butter and lotion on my big tummy. Hoping to stop them from becoming worse and if I'm lucky, to eradicate these ugly marks. *sniff sniff* I'm sure other moms and mothers-to-be out there also want a clear, flawless skin (or as near to flawless as it can be) even after they already have children without having to pay for those expensive derma/beauty salon treatments. I know I myself don't want to spend money on those.

Anyway, I asked Mr. Google and found these links helpful. Just sharing, for other moms out there.
Stretch Marks


But before you put anything on your skin, please be mindful that some beauty products are also not safe for your baby, EVEN if it's just topical.
Safe skin care during pregnancy



Good luck and enjoy preggohood! (",)

<3 <3 <3




6 comments:

Chyrel Gomez said...

Same here, Joy! I'm even vain myself but I don't know how to put on make-up and I'm never a fan of facials cause the extraction is so painful. Huhu.

Makahilak gyud ko. Sometimes it's also what you feel inside that matters. =)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I have stretch marks in my 2 pregnancies and it's all worth it. But I was able to prevent some... at least. hehehehe.

R. Joy de Leon said...

Yes, it's definitely worth it po, Ms Lili. :) pero mas ok sana kung wala..hehe!

Pa-share naman po how did you prevent some from appearing, please? :) Baka may tips po kayo. :D

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thanks for providing this info.
Also visit my web-site : get rid of stretch marks fast

Unknown said...

congratulations!

(following you now via GFC, hope you follow back)

www.citybehindthefog.blogspot.com
www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hеllo, I enјoy reading through your article pоst.
I lіκe to ωrite а little comment to support
yοu.

Also vіѕit my web-ѕite :: http://naturalstretchmarksremoval.net
my page > stretch mark laser removal youtube

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)