Thursday, November 17, 2011

Turning Two! ^_^


In less than 2 weeks, my baby Gabriel is turning 2 years old...how time flies!!! I became busy and lazy when I got pregnant and after I gave birth...But now that I'm starting to get back to my talkative self, I thought I'd try and catch up on posting about his growing up months/years for the coming days. I haven't started yet on my project scrapbook for Gabriel (the real one) and haven't even finished my scrapbook for Honey that I was supposed to give him on our first Anniversary. Waaah! So many things to do, so little time.. =p Anyhow, my memory is a bit hazy now so wish me luck! This series will be my online scrapbook for Gabriel:)

Having Gabriel is one of the major life-changing events in my life existence...and now I've learned to appreciate my Nanay more because I've experienced how hard it is to be a mother. My only prayer is that I'll be able to be a good mom and guide him to be the best he can be.

Gabriel was born on November 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM Manila Time. It was via Cesarean Section due to fetal distress and he already pooped inside so they have to get him out ASAP to avoid ingestion. He didn't ingest any but he had to be left behind in the hospital for 2 more days to finish his antibiotics to prevent infection. It really broke my heart back then seeing him with a needle and leaving him in the hospital. :'(


This was taken @ the nursery room on November 26, 2009...just after he's out. His Papa and his Tita Mama (my Ate) were waiting for him the whole day. ;)


Gabriel at 19 months - video taken last July 3.. =)


I wanted him to be a singer but I guess he's more of a dancer...don't you think? :)

Some of the changes in my life (so far) since having a family/baby?
  • Holding a new-born babyI have nieces and nephews  but I was not able to hold/carry them until they were around 6 months old. Babies seem like very fragile things and I was scared of dropping them. But it's different pala if you're the mom...somehow, somewhere, you'll have the courage and skill to hold your new-born child. :)
  • Learning to change diapers and clean poop - again, I saw the growing up years of my nieces and nephew but I never had to change their diapers since they have Yayas. Maarte pa ko nun. :p Now, I've learned to do the less-appealing tasks of being a mom..hehe!
  • Less shopping - it's true that when you become a mom, you'll learn to prioritize the needs of your child over you own needs and wants...Before if I like something, I would not think twice of buying it even if it's expensive. But now, I would think of the needs of Gabriel first.
  • Less sleep - I've never had a straight sleep ever since I gave birth...being a mom means you have to wake up in the middle of the night to change diapers or to make milk for your child. Before, I can sleep for 13 straight hours.. =p and I prefer sleeping over eating.
  • Cooking - breakfast lang po..hehe! I don't know how to cook other dishes aside from my favorite sinigang.


More of Gabriel growing up in my succeeding posts... ;) 


I hope this week's been treating you well! (",)


1 comment:

dina vanessa mercado said...

very emotional videos.... its really a wonderful experience to have a baby... very magical and its a blessing fromGod... love your blog, following you now, hope you could visit my blog too.. kissess!!!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)