Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Aal Izz Well...^_^



*image from Wikipedia*

"Aal izz well!" This is a new mantra I got from the movie I watched yesterday. And I couldn't stop myself from sharing this movie with you, hoping that you'd also find something great, funny, touching and inspiring about it. :)

If you haven't heard about "3 Idiots" yet, it is an Indian comedy film released in 2009. My friend, Katherine, recommended this movie but it took me months to find a copy and finally watch it. And I'm really glad I did!


Overview (NO spoilers and slightly edited) from the Official website:
......
Two friends (Farhan and Raju) embark on a quest for a lost buddy. On this journey, they encounter a long forgotten bet (with another student Chatur), a wedding they must crash, and a funeral that goes impossibly out of control. As they make their way through the perilous landscape, another journey begins: their inner journey through memory lane and the story of their friend -- the irrepressible free-thinker Rancho (Aamir Khan), who in his unique way, touched and changed their lives. It's a story of their hostel days that swings between Rancho's romance with the spirited Pia (Kareena Kapoor), and his clash with an oppressive mentor and school director, Viru Sahastrabudhhe (Boman Irani). 

And then after graduation, suddenly, Rancho vanishes....
....
You may read the whole plot summary in Wikipedia, but it contains spoilers. :)

This movie made me think, laugh and cry (on at least 2 scenes). I found it entertaining and insightful. And it could teach us some things in life. The main character believes that one should follow excellence, not success, as success will come itself if excellence is followed. That life is NOT a race. You should follow your heart and passion. And that fear hinders us to achieve greatness. That's why the "all is well" phrase. :) Oh..and the movie also surprised me with scenic landscapes in India! It showed the other beautiful side of this country and it's given me a new reason for wanting to go there, aside from visiting the Taj Mahal. ;)

So what are you waiting for? Grab a copy now and enjoy watching! ^_^ 

"All is well! All is well!" 
- Phunsukh Wangdu



Happy Tuesday, y'all! (",)


<3 <3 <3

3 comments:

Gee said...

love this movie... my indian friends asked me to watch it with them when it was released :) sabe ko nga sa FB humagulgul ako :P ahahahahaahha

Cheeky Chic said...

I loved watching this movie too . And Somehow this one grabs my attention to the last bit .. cant get my eyes off till credits roll n Im still entranced..Would love to know which scenes really touched ur heart..:)

R. Joy de Leon said...

hahaha! Gilyn..yes, dear..ako rin, kahit nung 2nd time ko pinanood naiiyak pa rin ako. lol!

@Cheeky Chic - thanks for visiting and leaving a msg! :) I was touched when Farhan told his dad that he will not commit suicide because Rancho placed their pic on his wallet. Also when they came back after talking to Farhan's dad and after Raju's interview.. =))

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)