Sunday, June 10, 2012

Heroes and Happiness...


I am so happy to have finally completed my Percy Jackson book series! :) Yesterday, I bought the last book I was missing which is the first book, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. It was out of stock before but good thing National Bookstore now have a lot of copies. :D Not only that, I'm starting a new Rick Riordan series which is also quite related with the Percy Jackson series, Heroes of Olympus. I hope it's as good as his first series, if not better. I will start reading later. *wink* Oh btw, if you like reading mind-stimulating books, something that will make you think, these are not the books for you. I like this series for its simplicity and very easy reading, just like Harry Potter. It's something that will make me relax and entertain me. =P



I also felt happy while I was wrapping these books in plastic cover. I felt like a student again. Hahaha! I finally got the time and chance to cover while Gabriel was asleep *ssssssshhhh..* Oh well, these are my little joys...and I hope my kids will love reading books as much as I do. :)



So why am I writing today aside from sharing with you that I have completed my collection? Well you see, it's a very special day because it's the birthday of the number one hero in my life -- my very strong, persistent, courageous, resourceful, hard-working, beautiful mother! :)



Happy happy birthday, 'Nay!!!
Wishing you good health, happiness and more years to be with us!
Though we're miles away and I can't go home on your birthday, you are always in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Thank you for everything you've done for me. EVERYTHING. I love you soooooo much!!!


<3 <3 <3


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

~Washington Irving


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)